1. Doesn't "tithe" mean "the first tenth, or increase, of one's [gross] income [preferably before taxes] for the support of the church as God's divine institution on earth"?|
2. What is the correct biblical definition of "tithe"?
3. Didn't craftsmen, such as carpenters and tent-makers, pay tithes?
4. Why have I heard that every Israelite was expected to begin with a minimum tithe of 10% of their total income?
5. Didn't Abraham give a biblical tithe of one-tenth of all he had?
6. Wasn't Melchizedek a true priest of Jehovah?
7. Why was Melchizedek called "priest of Most High God" and "possessor of heaven and earth"?
8. Isn't Abraham's tithe an example for Christians to follow?
9. Almost every sermon I hear about tithing mentions Abraham and Melchizedek. Doesn't the Bible refer to his tithe to Melchizedek often?
10. Since Jacob promised to give God a "tenth of everything," isn't his tithing a clear example for us to follow?
11. Why is Numbers 18 important?
12. If Numbers 18 is so important concerning tithing, then why isn't it preached from often?
13. What does Numbers 18 say is the PURPOSE of tithing?
14. Why is it so important that we know that tithing is called an "ordinance" or "statute" of the Old Covenant?
15. Since the Old Covenant priest served God and received tithes, should not the New Covenant minister who serves God also receive tithes?
16. If the ministering priests did not receive the full tithe of the land, who did?
17. Doesn't the phrase, "It is holy unto the LORD," make it clear that the tithe is an eternal moral principle for all people for all times and must be observed by Christians today?
18. Shouldn't we pay tithes in order to respectably support our preacher?
19. Doesn't God command us to give Him 10% of our total income, and then expect us to give free-will offerings in addition to our tithes?
20. Why doesn't the church tell us to give all three tithes?
21. What else does the Old Covenant say about tithing?
22. Didn't the poor widow give a tithe when she gave all that she had?
23. Didn't Jesus and His disciples tithe? Their enemies never criticized them for not paying tithes.
24. What other texts imply that the poor did not pay tithe?
25. Why do some people claim that tithes were merely a form of government taxation?
26. Doesn't Malachi 3:8-10 place a curse on those who do not tithe?
27. Isn't the "storehouse" of Malachi 3:10 a pattern for the church to follow?|
28. Are the ministering priests in Malachi suffering because the people have not brought the tithes?
29. Doesn't Jesus' statement in Matthew 23:23 prove that tithing is taught in the New Testament?
30. Why is the difference between the Old and New Covenant important concerning tithing?
31. Isn't tithing a law for New Covenant Christians?
32. Isn't tithing taught to the church after Calvary?
33. Why is tithing taught from the one occurrence in the narrative of Abraham and Melchizedek in Genesis 14, and not from the six occurrences in the doctrinal presentation including Abraham and Melchizedek in Hebrews 7?
34. Doesn't tithing survive because it began before the law in Genesis 14 and because it is an eternal moral principle in Leviticus 27?
35. Why would God abolish the ordinance of tithing?
36. I believe in the doctrine of the priesthood of every believer. How can this possibly be a reason to abolish tithing?
37. Doesn't the New Testament instruct the church to support its ministers full-time?
38. Doesn't 1 Corinthians 9:14 say that preachers should be fully supported by the gospel?
39. Doesn't 1 Corinthians 16:2 instruct us to bring tithes to the church every Sunday?
40. Since the word, "honor," can mean "salary," doesn't this mean that ministers should be paid twice as much as normal workers?
41. I have heard that tithing is never mentioned in the New Testament after Calvary because it was not a problem and everybody paid tithes. Is this true?
42. Since the New Covenant operates on higher spiritual standards than the Old Covenant, then logic tells us that the Christian should begin his giving standard at 10%.
43. Doesn't almost every church teach tithing?
44. How can the church survive if it does not teach tithing?
45. What are some New Covenant principles of giving?
46. Aren't church members supposed to work in order to support the preacher?
47. Doesn't history confirm that the early church taught and practiced tithing?
48. Do Jews still tithe today?
49. Do Greek-Orthodox Christians teach tithing?
50. How can a church possibly be financially successful if it does not teach tithing?
51. We have been successful preaching tithing. What principle guarantees that we can be more successful if we drop the doctrine?
52. What does God promise if I give more to the church?